Mon. Nov 28th, 2022

Quang Nam records visitors in a week of new year

 



As many as 80,000 tourists visited two UNESCO-recognised world heritage sites – the ancient town of Hoi An and My Son Sanctuary – during the seven days of the lunar New Year holiday.—VNA/VNS photo Van Son

DA NANG (VNS)– As many as 80,000 tourists visited two UNESCO-recognised world heritage sites – the ancient town of Hoi An and My Son Sanctuary – during the seven days of the lunar New Year holiday, said Dinh Hai, director of the Quang Nam Culture, Sports and Tourism Department

“Things are looking good for tourism in the central province of Quang Nam this year. We hosted 115,000 tourists this week – a 147 per cent increase in comparison to the same period last year,” Hai said. “Hoi An and My Son are still the two most popular sites for both domestic and foreign tourists.”

Around 10,000 foreign tourists stayed in Hoi An during the seven-day celebration of the Lunar New Year, he said.

The central province will host the fourth Quang Nam Heritage Journeys Festival on June 18-23.

Last year, the province hosted 2.8 million tourists, of which 1.3 million were foreigners, drawing revenue of VND1.4 trillion (US$67 million). – VNS

By vivian