Mon. Apr 15th, 2024

Korean star’s concert cancelled due to ‘issues’

HA NOI (VNS)— A much anticipated concert by South Korean star Lee Min-ho which was due to take place tomorrow in Ha Noi has been delayed, according to Starhaus Entertainment, Lee’s management company.

The company released an announcement on Monday that said: “In response to the many requests from fans in Viet Nam, there have been a lot of discussions and plans to make this the best show so far. But in spite of all the effort, there are still unresolved issues which were caused by the Vietnamese promoter [VDC Entertainment]. Therefore, we regret to announce that the show on August 3 will not be happening.”

Lee is one South Korea’s leading actors and singers. He is best known for his leading role in the series Boys Over Flowers that hit Vietnamese TV screens in 2009.

At a press conference on June 24, VDC Entertainment said the company had spent VND12 billion (US$575,000) to organise the concert.

Ticket prices ranged from VND2-4 million and many fans are waiting for an announcement regarding reimbursement from VDC Entertainment. Only those who purchased tickets at musicshow.vn have been reimbursed so far.-VNS

By vivian